Monday, April 19, 2010

Calling Rainbow Brite


I had such a happy response to this yarn when I encountered it in the shop. Look at the happy colors. Feel the baby-soft, kitten-soft, buttersilksofty- softness of the Malabrigo. I could just be happy looking at it in the yarn basket beside my knitting spot. Perhaps I could make something....



I had visions of something funky and fun. I thought of the Worm scarf by Cocoknits. http://cocoknits.com/knit/garments/accessories/wormscarf.html I recently made one of those in cream colored Lumpy Dumpy yarn. I cast on.



My daughter Jennifer said it looked like it would result in a scarf that looked like a poisonous tropical millipede and that "she would not wear it".

I swatched in many needle sizes and determined that it looked best in stockinette. Let the yarn do the talking. Here it is in a simple rectangle scarf that I believe will be cheery to wrap around my neck next winter.



So now--what do I do with the second skein







2 comments:

  1. Make the leaf vine scarf! It will look just like my tropical plants in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fun. Where would I find that pattern?

    ReplyDelete